Sunday, January 8, 2012

celebrate

 

Last Friday I passed the half-century mark in age and entered into the year of (gulp) “51”.  My mind wanted to knock me down and shove it in my face; but my heart has been made too rich by friends and family to let that happen.  So, we celebrated!  Cards, flowers, candy, and gifts are so appreciated; and the love and grace that has been poured out so generously to me is amazing in its scope . . . thank you!

I also purchased a new camera this weekend and I am having so much fun exploring all its features.  I spent one day shooting “macro”, and today I have been “zooming” . . . on this post, I share the close-up shots of roses I received from a dear friend for my birthday.  She said they reminded her of all the children that we serve . . . we want to see the diversity and the beauty in each one . . .

 IMG_0050

IMG_0051

IMG_0055

IMG_0056

IMG_0058

IMG_0060

He gives me beauty for ashes; joy instead of mourning . . .

glenda

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL---AND SO SORRY I did not know it was your birthday--on my calendar now---WILL NOT let that happen again!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete