Thursday, July 5, 2012

alaska–day 2

 

I just spent an awesome week in Alaska with a dear friend, my brother, and his family.  My bro is a great tour guide and he holds a wealth of information about the area surrounding Anchorage.  In the next several posts I will be sharing some pictures of the adventures we experienced.  Thanks again Russ, Stacey and kids, and Sonja for such a great week!

Arriving on Monday after a long plane ride, we had dinner and got settled in at my brother’s house.  The next morning, we set out for a “light” day of hiking up to Rainbow Ridge.  We used hands, feet, hiking poles, rocks, trees, our behinds . . . anything to help us make our way up and down the trail.  Although it was a strenuous trek, the view from the top (or in my case, near the top) was spectacular . . .

IMG_3008  trailhead

100_6495

 

trail to the ridge

 

 

 

 

 

 

100_6481 my stopping point

100_6497

 

     careful descent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3057 friend on the edge

IMG_3073

 

 

 

 

bro on the lookout

 

 

 

more later . . .

glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment